The APELO Pedicle Screw System is a novel modular screw and connector system highlighted by interchangeable poly-axial heads for intra-operative versatility and advanced design features engineered to maximize screw purchase, construct integrity, and simplicity of final assembly.
- Modular insertion allows for unobstructed graft site preparation and graft placement.
- Screw features tapered minor diameter and tapered thread crest for bone compaction and increased purchase.
- Screw head flange provides a positive depth stop and increased resistance to lateral loads.
- Unique pilot tip gives surgeons a secure, positive initial location in the pilot hole when prying against soft tissue to gain the correct screw trajectory.
- Modular heads can easily be changed without disturbing the screw purchase for increased intraoperative versatility.
- The integrated outer band of the locking collar is designed to prevent head splay and cross threading.